Skip to main content

Street Triple is sold..

I loved this bike so much that I thought I would keep it forever, but after I moved away from my riding buddies I lost interest in riding except for the occasional ride to work.

I'm not sure what happened, but my right hand started going numb after 10 minutes of riding no matter what I tried with my grip (tighten/loosen/loosen even more) and the angle of my forearm, I realized it was time to sell when the thought of riding no longer called to me.

I discovered there was zero interest in my area for this bike since I live in cruiser country. Maybe the waning interest overall for 2 wheeled transportation due to the dangers of sharing the road with inattentive drivers on their smart phones was the culprit, but I wanted to get out of this bike before my son got old enough to learn to ride and I wanted to use the cash to help me find an NC Miata.

I should have sold the bike last year or the year before when the book value was higher but the timing did not work out for me.

I discovered a company called Rumble on that was offering to purchase any motorcycle so I did a little research and discovered they were a legitimate company so I went to their website and filled out the online appraisal. Sent them 6 pictures and got an offer the following business day.

Certainly, the offer was not great but after trying to sell on several sites for 2+ years I already knew there was no interest in my area unless I dropped the price much lower. I had no interest in dealing with tire kickers or even joy riders and I was prepared to trade in the bike on a Miata but after 6 months, there were none available locally in the price, year and color I wanted. With my hands going numb, the prospect of riding 200+ miles to check out a car in another state, I realized that I needed to sell first.

After I accepted the offer from Rumble On, they sent me a link for additional pictures of my title, registration and a utility bill which was followed by an email with some forms to fill out and a fedex next day shipping label.

I FEDEXed the signed bill of sale along with my original title and hoped that I didn't get scammed.  Fedex Tracking informed me they received my documents in the morning and by the end of the day, I have a wire transfer showing as pending in my checking account. WHOO HOOO!

I submitted my appraisal on Monday night and by Thursday evening, I had the cash deposited in my checking account. They still need to come get the bike, but I don't know when this will happen.

I think from a convenience factor, it's well worth the price they offered even though it was a few hundred less than the amount a local car dealer offered me for a trade on a Miata (which I decided to pass on).

Rumble On is legitimate.... and it's safe to send them your original title (a major concern for most people with opinions on working with them).

https://www.rumbleon.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

how to open your door when neither handle works

My recently acquired 2003 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl had a faulty door lock actuator in the front passenger side door.  Here is a run down of what I did wrong in case you find yourself in a similiar situation. Shopping for door lock actuators - Prices go from around $10 to over $40. I mistakenly ordered a pair of door lock actuators ($20 for left and right) for a coupe and received 2 black actuators that were not sized correctly for my 4 door sedan which has smaller white actuators. I did not discover the problem until after I had the door panel off and the actuator removed from the door latch assembly. It was hot, the flies were landing on me and drinking my sweat and I just wanted to button the door back up and stay cool inside so I searched for the closest parts store that had the part in stock and went there to buy it for $45. (I did return the 2 wrong parts but did not get a full refund, but I'm ok with that...$16 back in my pocket is better than $0) Reassembling the door l

Universal Speedometer/Tachometer install

I wanted to replace my original speedometer and tachometer for something more compact. I'm not sure why, but the original 85mph speedometer always bothered me. I guess I felt like the bike deserved better even though I've only pinned it once in 10 years of riding.   After casually looking around and almost pulling the trigger on a cheaper universal speedo with an analog sweep needle for the tach, I stumbled across this product. It can be found in all the usual places such as Amazon and eBay but it's usually buried behind 2 or 3 pages of search results with vastly different prices ranging from mid 40s to mid 80s (US$). The description typically includes a listing of what each wire is intended to be connected to, but in typical fashion for these kinds of imported products the English translation leaves a lot to be desired. For example: the product detail notes: "Oil Quantity Indicator" as one of the display areas, but they really mean fuel level (my bike doesn't

GSX-R750 Caruretor swap for the CB750c Part1

As an owner of an early 80s cb750, it quickly becomes obvious that the CV carburetors on these old motorcycles require the original airbox to run properly. It would seem like a minor price to pay for the reliability and dependability that we get with the design since no jetting changes are needed as we change altititude or swap exhausts. The constant vacuum (CV) design automatically compensates for the difference and keeps the bike running happily. Just don't change the airbox or use anything other than the original style airfilter. I got my bike running perfectly so I'm either a glutton for punishment or just a dumb geek who can't leave stuff alone. "If it aint broke, fix it until it is" might be my motto. People tell me I wouldn't be happy with a new bike because there would be nothing to fix. Maybe it's just a way for me to keep my mind busy so I don't have to think how much I hate my job. I started noticing some posts from people on cb1100f